Friday, December 16, 2011

New Clay


I had bought a 100 lb bag of Lizella a while ago and finally decided to use it. I mixed it up with Fire Clay and added a dash of Feldspar. I made 3 different batches . I like the 50/50 the best for color. I fired it to cone 10 reduction in my good old Alpine . I made some mugs and I also made some small jugs and some Face Jugs . I really like the colors of my glazes on the clay. I glazed on small jug with Shark Skin Shino and ii is yummy. I have also used the Shark Skin Shino in the wood kiln and it was amazing .
I fired my Gas kiln Wednesday and am having a Kiln Opening at 12 Noon Tomorrow . It will be still warm. I also used a bunch of different glazes on the new work. I have no idea how it will be. The kiln was packed. It took 16 hrs to fire. The cones were even top & bottom.
December 17 & 18 from 10 to 4 with Kiln Opening ,Pottery Sale with friends

No comments:

Post a Comment